Embroidered pillow case, 50 x 50 cm
Material for 1 pillow case:
- 53 x 53 cm fabric (cotton, vicsose, silk,...with canvas structure)
- 1 zipper, 45 cm
- Wool yarn leftovers (I used needlepoint wool yarn)
- Tapestry needle
- Fabric stripe for pipe, 220 x 3 cm
- Cotton twine for pipe 220 cm
- Tulle or nylon ribbon, 220 x 1 cm
Iron the fabric. Then pull the thread through the fabric, I used only normal stitches, 4 mm long (depends on the structure of your fabric) --> foto.
Insert the zipper on the fabric pieces which will be the back side of the pillow case.
Now prepare the pipe, app. 220 cm long.
Place the pipe between the 2 layers of your pillow case (right side should be inside) and sew around.
It is very easy with a piping foot, if you don´t have use the normal zipper foot.
Cover all endges with a tulle or nylon ribbon.
Turn the pillow case and iron it.
Make a few in different colours.
The design and instruction are only for private use.